Thanks to everyone at the AZA 2011 conference who participated in our Maui Jim sunglasses raffle! The lucky winners have been announced:
Sequoia Park Zoo
Brian M. Carter
SeaWorld San Antonio
Volunteer Services Manager
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
We've mailed them their Maui Jim sunglasses and hope they're ready to look extra cool. Just in time for fall!
Thanks again for stopping by and talking with us at the conference. If you have any follow up questions or want to work with us on something, please don't hesitate to contact us!
And don't forget to send a lei on Facebook to support The Ocean Project and our work.
- The Ocean Project
- This blog is primarily geared toward staff at the zoos, aquariums, museums (ZAMs), and other conservation education organizations that are part of our growing global network. We aim to provide you with cutting edge, challenging, and creative information, ideas, and tools to become as effective as possible at communicating about and for conservation with your visitors and the public.
See our ongoing communications research, or join our growing network, at The Ocean Project's website.
September 9, 2011
In case you will be at AZA, here's a brief summary of some of what we are involved with and hope to see you at:
- Exhibit Hall Roundtable (Thursday, Sept 15, 12:15pm-1:45pm) - come learn more about our market research initiative, World Oceans Day, our growing network of ZAMs (zoos, aquariums and museums), and how you can get more involved.
- Panel: “Understanding Your Audiences in Climate Change Education: How to Turn the Tide in Climate Literacy and Action” (Friday, Sept 16, 10:00am-11:30am)
- Poster Reception: “Motivating Audiences for Conservation Action and Climate Change through Market Research: Stories from the field” (Friday, Sept 16, 5:30pm-7pm)
- Panel: “The Age of New Media: Engage Youth on Their Virtual Turf (with the Support of the Research)” (Saturday, Sept 17, 8:30am-10:00am)
ALSO, thanks to Maui Jim's generosity, we will be raffling off a few pairs of their famous sunglasses. For conference attendees who visit our roundtable and/or our poster session and leave a business card, you will be entered in the raffle to win a pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses!
See you in Atlanta!